virus from limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
Hi there, my computer seems to have gotten a virus off of limewire(p2p sharing program)(file downloaded was lightwave 8). At first the processer, or so it seemed to be, made a high pitched noise and limewire would continuously open, also i couldn't access my task manager. I ran several trusted virus, spyware, etc., scans and found a troj and 2 viruses which I was told were removed. However nothing was resolved. I was forced to delete limewire to stop it from opening and used winows restore point to go to an earlier date which also didn't help. I put the XP disk in to reinstall some of the drivers but to be honest didn't go to far with it and didn't want to make the problem worse. Finally, i ran spybot and when it finished it found nothing wrong. When i went to hit ok my computer shut off. Now if i hit the power button it comes on for about 2 sec. and then immediately shuts back off. Plz for the sake of GOD help me, lol, thx.

thats interesting..
i hada similar problem with Limewire.
i would shut it down, and seconds later, it would reopen, and i also couldnt access Taskmanager, and CPU was running at 50-100% all the time.
what i did to fix it was, i downloaded AVG Antivirus [free version] ran that, got rid of some viruses, ran SpyBot and Ad Aware.
and now it runs perfect!

Now if i hit the power button it comes on for about 2 sec. and then immediately shuts back off. Plz for the sake of GOD help me, lol, thx.
Whoa that is serious. Heres a link to see if you can troubleshoot. If you can remember could you post the names of the viruses found. Also some extra info on specs.

EDIT:
Also some extra info on specs.
Yep I said that without looking at your sig. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom