Virus I can't fix!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommMajor101

Solid State Member
Hi all you helpful computer tech people! I have a virus/trojan/whatever that my anti-virus program is not picking up. Whenever I turn on my computer this pop up comes up - it's a site called "FreeWebs" and it says my account if frozen. It connects itself to the internet (that's how the pop up manages to come up) when I first turn on my computer. I've contacted the FreeWeb people and they don't know why my computer is doing this. My Anti-Virus people think it's Adware.MediaTicket but when I looked at the removal directions I had NONE of the supposed values this virus places in my registry. So, how do I get rid of this thing?! Any ideas?!?!

Download HighJackThis (searchable either on this forum or on the web). Install it and run a scan. That scan will produce a log. Post the log in the "Analyze" thread. You will get a spyware removal expert that will help you through your ordeal.

Any other ways?!

Is there any other way to do it? Maybe a way that I can do w/out involving anyone else or any money of some sort??

Hi jack this is a free and very small download. But to honestly answer your question, no, there isn't much of another way. HiJackThis is probably the most usefull tool out there for spyware,adware,viruses, and malware in general.

I also reccomend, Avasti over norton AV, also other free spyware programs are
spybot Search and destory
Ad Aware SE personnel
SpywareBlaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom