Virus Hunter

As of April 5, 2006, which age category do you fall into?

• 12-14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-17

• 18-23

• 24-39

• 30-39

• 40+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerulean

In Runtime
Hey all! Well right now I'm working on my Network Security major over at UofR and am actually studying viruses. I've rigged my BETA machine with VMWare so I can purposely catch these virus and study how their effect on a network. Thing of it is, so far the worst one I've heard about is the dreaded blaster worm, but I can't seem to download it. I've managed to quarantine at least 80 other viruses, but Blaster is the big fish. Any suggestions as to where I can find it?

Anyone? Any sites that have been known to spread the virus or places who allow you to download them freely?

I doubt you'll get it as it doesn't have a mass mailing functionality, so it won't be spreading as quick. Also many people will be patched so its method of infection is gone.

That's quite true, however from some of the research I've been doing, they keep making different malformations of the worm. There's another one out there that can mess up your BIOS settings which is a rather scary thought.

Worms can travel through a network without being executed. They're still making variations of the blaster worm.

Finally someone voted for Trojan! After all, they're the back doors that allow worms and viruses to sneak inside ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom