Virus Doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
so heres the brief history on virus doctor:
"Virus Doctor, or VirusDoctor, is a rogue anti-spyware program that uses fake system messages as a scare tactic. Virus Doctor is a clone of Power Antivirus 2009, Antivirus 2009, Vista Antivirus 2009 and Antivir64. Virus Doctor is often downloaded and installed by a Trojan, through browser security holes, or via other unconventional and unethical mechanisms.

Virus Doctor attempts to get computer users to believe that they must purchase the full version of Virus Doctor to "fix" their computer. Virus Doctor may come from a Trojan infection or a malicious website. Virus Doctor may be difficult to manually remove in some cases."

Virus Doctor :: Virus Doctor Removal Instructions

I went to 2 questionable websites in a span of 2 days ( 1 was a legal website that showed free abc shows even though the abc website shows them, you have to install their annoying plug programs, and the other was a torrent tracker website ), and when I went to these websites I got redirected ( meaning not a popup but a re-direction ) to the fake Virus Doctor that makes it pathetically "look" like its a windows program thats scanning your system.

My question is, is my computer infected by this program? I tried going to the various removal websites talking about removing Virus Doctor manually Virus Doctor :: Virus Doctor Removal Instructions

but I cannot find the files they say to remove. Also I don't want to risk getting their exe SpyHunter programs because I see people complaining in various forums and saying that there program is also questionable. Hmmm is it possible I am just over reacting? I can't get the VD window change by just opening up links in my favorites over and over so maybe its the questionable websites that sometimes give the order to do the VD redirection?

Also I ran a fully updated spyware terminator, spybot, and Norton and couldn't find anything. I don't have ad-aware anymore because their newest version has that program running in the background that takes way too many resources and can't even be disabled easily.

Uninstall Norton and use AVG or Avast. That's your first mistake right there ;).

Go through Osiris's guide to make sure you're clean...we have it there for a reason ;). If Spyware Terminator didn't find anything, or SpyBot, you're probably good, but might as well go through the guide to be sure.

Uninstall Norton and use AVG or Avast. That's your first mistake right there ;).

Go through Osiris's guide to make sure you're clean...we have it there for a reason ;). If Spyware Terminator didn't find anything, or SpyBot, you're probably good, but might as well go through the guide to be sure.

I would use AVG but I heard its so strict it has a lot of issues with games and other apps

also I have Osiris's guide and skimmed it once, its really long, but yeah ill check up on it :p

props to Osiris again for writing such a great comprehensive guide

PS: It should be a federal offense for spyware companies to do this

A lot of people here use AVG and don't have problems with it. If you don't wanna use AVG, then use Avast!, or at least if you're gonna pay for an A/V, pay for a good one and get Nod32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom