virus destroyed my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velda14

Beta member
a few weeks ago, by brother somehow ended up barraging our home computer with viruses, disabled background, tskmgr, etc. i did virus scan, etc. deleted what i thought was all the viruses. now, after about 2 weeks, maybe it's new viruses, but it cannot connect to the internet, regedit is unusable by running "regedit" or "regedit.exe", they come up with "not valid win32 application. I have, in fact, found a way to use it by searching the c: drive and using the I386 folders regedit shortcut to the desktop. when i go to network connections, nothing comes up. when i looked through the device manager, nothing comes up. no drivers, etc. i tried networking using my laptop, but i can't, idk why. my home pc is useless at the moment. Help Please!
I will send pc specs if needed...:confused:

Run combofix and then malwarebytes post both their logs and post a hijackthis log. Programs can be found in my guide below

does it saying
"combofix/something.exe" is not a valid win32 application
mean its not working, and i forgot to mention that i can't use ad-aware, etc.

edit: combofix keepts getting denied access...

Once in my life did I ever meet a true monster and it wasted no time.
I never even found out what it was called but it went from fine to fubar in about 30 seconds.
My desk top was gone my VP was shut off my firewall was shut off and if i clicked on start it shut it in 5 secs if i tried to open task manager it closed it in 5 secs.
It completely disabled Windows and then when you tried to reboot is simply never loaded again.
I could format that was it.
I feel for ya that sucks.

question....i know it may be dense.. but how do u format? and if by format u mean system recovery, cd drive does not read disks, or spin them in fact, because the something that the tech guy said was fried, and if we got a longer ribbon wire we could send it from one board to the cd drive then the hard-drive, it should work. the thing is, no ribbon wire was sized right for it... man i need to buy a new home computer...btw, i did the combofix and malwarebytes, mwb found 20 or so infections, it deleted most, said it would delete the rest on reboot, tried combofix again, and still no run regedit, only shortcutted, and nothing further w/ device manager or network connections
it's an xp

If the CD drive is not working then you cant reformat, unless you have a floppy, but then you wont be able to install XP, unless you install over network which I'm sure is not going to happen.

Go ahead and post a new hijackthis and post the logs of malwarebytes and combofix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom