Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

Baseband Member
I got a virus through aim that sends messages to everyone on my buddy list and added a tool bar to my explorer. Its labeled "lolk" and the file name is der.exe. Anyways I ran my scanner and didnt pick it up, then I tried running adware SE and when it gets to sytem 32 folder, it restarts my computer...help!

look in the reg for der.exe its probibly got a plane reg entry. make a backup of your reg before you go hunting if not totaly sure on what your doing!!!!!! I would recomend 'The Cleaner' if the big AVGs dont pick it up. The cleaners more for trojans but will get rid of alotta trojan-ish virus/worms. Its only got a 30 day trial but I use it as a quick tool then uninstall. Works great!

Ok first, I tried running adaware in safe mode, it worked but didnt remove the overall trojan or toolbar on my explorer. Then I tried The Cleaner, it found 11 files infected by the trojan and cleaned/deleted them. However I still had the toolbar, so I tried running adaware again, but it did the thing were it shuts down when it scans through the system files. So it restarted and the cleaner detects 'lst toolbar' trojan loading everytime and I still have the tool bar and all that stuff. help! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom