United Postal service Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach276

Baseband Member
UPS Virus.
Running MSN Vista on Compaq PC.
Recd email purporting to be from United Parcel Services advising inability to deliver postal package we sent 13 Dec.
Email asks to print out invoice copy attached.....ups_invoice.zip
Opened the email and the attachment.

Clearly contains a virus, so ran Norton 360.
However still get a rogue pop up of “Windows Security Centre” and “Anti Virus Vista 2010” indicating 25 infections and inviting to purchase antivirus software.
This despite a scan by Norton

I'm thinking I'm still infected and need advice to remove Virus and clean up PC

Thanks for any help.

Yes you are. Shows you how well Norton works doesnt it?

Run Combofix, Malwarebytes and then hijackthis in that order, post their logs when finished.

Thanks...........However, when I attempt to log into any of those 3 programs, or Google, or emails etc, the virus dummy "antivirus vista 2010 firewall alert" comes up and as soon as I close it out and go to programs I want, the virus won't let me access anything.
How do I proceed from here, please?
Thanks

you could also run a boot scan with avast, that'll usually get the baddies since they don't get the change to run/copy/stop things

I had a similar virus on a customer's computer. Booting into safemode worked fine and I was able to run malwarebytes/hijackthis

May I suggest uninstalling Norton, and getting Avast!? I normally find it to be far superior.

Get safe mode up and ready, but for some reason I think the Virus prevents me from haveing internet access or connection!
Is an alternate solution to use System restore to go back to a time prior to opening the virus attachmenet?
And then hopefully be able to access the scans suggested??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom