Unique Question needs a unique Answer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWiggle

Solid State Member
Hey guys, Whats up? I don't know if this forum is "Hardcore" enough to answer my question (maybe its to main stream, I honestly don't know...) but I'm giving it a shot.

I'm from Jerusalem, Israel and I consider myself as someone who knows his **** around computers- hardware and software. Actually, this is the first time I'm posting a Thread in a forum to help me solve a tech problem. The problem mentioned as follows:

My younger brother likes chat rooms, he is a constant member of one of the most successful forums in Israel; Nana - ãó øàùé. Of course sometimes his behaving like a "bad ***", passing the forum's rules and subsequently get banned. Now, when entering the forum, the user DON'T have to be registered- It's a completely anonymous Chat.

The site requires the user to choose a nickname on every login. After choosing a nickname, the site creates a folder called "i2i Internet Solutions" inside program files on the PC (BTW I've gone to the company's website and couldn't find any information about the security techniques). The website (nana.co.il) using ActiveX plugin on IE6, installs a single .dll file and two additional gif files inside the "i2i Internet Solutions" folder.

Now seriously guys... I've tried ****ing EVERYTHING!! I got inside IE add ons management and tried to locate a dll plugin that is new or "unnatural", I went trough the registry and took my time, I've deleted all cookies on my Temp folders, deleted the website generated .dll file, I even used a fresh copy of XP using a Virtual Machine so I could **** around as much as I want- deleted all new dll's on the virtual hard drive, Uninstalled ActiveX plugin and reinstalled it- got a new IP address trough resetting my internet connection. Tried everything I can think of and still-- I'm banned from this ****ing chat room!!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I don't give a flying **** if my younger bro won't be able to chat for the next 48 hours... But this is psycho dudes! That ****ing amateur Chatroom security ****ed me! They now have a piece of code inside my PC and I cannot touch it! have they beat me? Well, I wouldn't go that far, I'm gonna try every ****ing possibility until I'll be able to bypass their security. I hope you guys will be able to help me out!!

Please reply only if you know your ****.. Thanx Dudes!!!!!

hi and welcome to Tech Forums.

can i ask, if your brother is doing things he shouldn't (seems like maybe more then once) then why should he not get banned? the rules and regulations of these forums and chats are set in place for everyones safety. if you break the rules then U should expect that you will not be allowed to participate anymore.

now, chances are good that their is nothing installed in your machine preventing you from going to the chat. its most likey done using your MAC address.

my advise to you would be if you and brother want to do things such as bend the rules, then you should consider just starting your own forum or chat. that way you set what can and can't be done... problem solved

Well, that is a perfect example of the wrong answer...

I knew that I would get those kind of answers. I guess I was right and this forum isn't hardcore enough. Thanks for the reply but I didn't ask for suggestions of how to educate my brother or to change my characteristics.

The thing is that it bothers me that someone have a SPYWARE on my PC! it could be a dll or exe or whatever...

I'll try to figure it out on my own.

Re: Well, that is a perfect example of the wrong answer...

I knew that I would get those kind of answers. I guess I was right and this forum isn't hardcore enough. Thanks for the reply but I didn't ask for suggestions of how to educate my brother or to change my characteristics.

The thing is that it bothers me that someone have a SPYWARE on my PC! it could be a dll or exe or whatever...

I'll try to figure it out on my own.

Did you try Torpark?

No man. I've heard about this tool and with all due respect, I don't really trust it and also as a principle I don't like to install programs to fight security problems.

You can help me by trying to let me understand the "process" that's happening on my PC. What is their security principle.. How are they ****ing me?? How???

ThanX Dude!

Well it's possible they banned your entire IP range. Even thou you changed your IP address, they blocked the whole IP range. So if you will use a proxy or torpark, you might be able to get in. What the big deal about torpark?

I am sure the ip range has been blocked. But I am not "hardcore" enough to figure that out. Listen to Warez.

No man. I've heard about this tool and with all due respect, I don't really trust it and also as a principle I don't like to install programs to fight security problems.

You can help me by trying to let me understand the "process" that's happening on my PC. What is their security principle.. How are they ****ing me?? How???

ThanX Dude!

I have tested Torpark on a site I was banned from and it does work. What happened was, they had spammers with the same IP address or range as I did, so when I went to the forum, a message said I was banned. I contacted the Admin of the site, very ****ed I was and told them I would bring their forum down if I didnt get an explanation. After I calmed down, I apologized to the Admin but I guess that wasnt good enough for him. So I just used Torpak and made a new username and I was back in. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom