Unable to get internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumblebee Tuna

In Runtime
I've ran a hijackthis log, and removed the offending stuff. Now I still can't get connected. I also can not get an ip address. I've checked the services, and the DHCP does not start in safe mode. I get an error message stating, 'Error 1086: The dependancy service or group failed to start.' It looks as though that if I'm not in safe mode, the DHCP Client starts and runs. I don't want to connect to the internet cause I'll infect my other PC's.
I know this guy had the blaster virus on his PC, and I removed it, and thrown in the patch. But I don't know what else to do.

Don't worry about this one, I managed to find the answer on microsofts website. For those who read this and don't know, this is the answer

RESOLUTION
WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP DependOnService
Note The variable lists SYMTDI.
4. Edit the value to remove SYMTDI from the dependency list.
5. Restart the computer.

Well, it worked for me

I was doing a little checking, it looks like it's caused at times by Symantec. Why? I don't know, but there's another reason why I don't like Norton. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom