Two forums open...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Fully Optimized
Does anyone ever have two vBulletin forums open at the same time in separate browser windows?

If you do, have you ever marked a forum "read" in one forum and return to the other forum to find that all the new posts have been marked "read" , too?

It happened to me several times now, but I didn't think what I did in one browser window would affect the other browser window.

Does anyone know how and why this is doing that? And, can I prevent it from happening.

Dave :D

i don't think it can be fixed. since they both are vBulletin they must be using some identical global variable..... or what not and so some operations are passed to both......yep thats a pretty technical explanation :) .....hmm, let me try to rephrase.....it's kind of like electromagnetic interference. i think this could only be fixed on the server-side, not client-side.

Oh well.....

I tried it with 3 browser windows open and each one to a vBulletin forum. Click to mark all forums "read" on one browser and all 3 forums were marked "read". I would say that it's an interesting phenomenon, but it kinda' sucked since I wasn't done on the other forums. :angry:

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom