Twaitec.dll trojan - help to remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottof

Beta member
Will this process take care of the startpagedu portion also? I remember going thru this battle last summer and was able to get rid of it but my notes got lost in the shuffle on the desk here. the reason I ask is that I have a person talking with me about the startpagedu one now and don't want to lead them on a long roundabout solution unless I have to.

thanks.

ottof, I split your thread since yours isn't the same issue.

What I would like you to do is post a HijackThis log. The new version is 1.99 And the link I just posted is clickable.

Please create a directory on your C:\ drive called C:\HJT, download and unzip HijackThis into that directory. Run the program from that directory from now on.

STEPS For Creating Folder

1. 1. Please go to My Computer, open your C:\ drive, Select: New >> Folder and name the folder HJT.

2. Download HijackThis to the new folder:

3. Double Click on 'HijackThis.zip' to extract and install HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

4. Close ALL windows except HJT

5. SCAN with HJT and SAVE LOG. (a notepad window will open with the log in it when you click Save Log) (Ctrl-A to'select all', Ctrl-C to 'copy')

6. POST the log in this thread using 'Add Reply' (Ctrl-V to 'paste')
Please make sure you post the entire log including the top portion:

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER

For a tutorial on how to use HijackThis please see the following link:
Using HijackThis Tutorial

Please make sure that you close all browser windows and any other open windows you have open prior to doing a HJT scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom