Trojen

Status
Not open for further replies.
go to folder options and check show hidden files and folders....reboot and go into safe mode. follow the path to the items and delete them all. Do a search and delete what is found

Trojans are pretty common viruses, that doesn't mean they aren't harmful. I personally would just do a system restore to the point before I got the thing. If that is not possible for you, follow the instructions Warez Monster gave you.

Basically, since they showed you a path to where this virus is, go to that folder, go to properties and show hidden folders. Go to safe mode (by pressing F8 at the boot screen.), go back to that same folder, and delete all those files.

It is dangerous to go around deleting things, but in this case you should be safe. You should be sure what files to delete. Double check here if you want with some screenshots. I understand you maybe nervous of what your doing, but you should be fine.

What OS are you running? Like I said before, a system restore should fix all your problems, if you are scared of what you are doing, just set a restore point, it takes less than a minutes, and if you mess up you can always come back to this point.

FYI, doing a system restore only restores SYSTEM files, they don't effect the files you use everyday such as text documents.

Rather than mess about in system files, download HijackThis from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3155
Extract it to its own folder in the C:\drive or even in a folder on your desktop. Run a scan, save the log and post the log in the HJT Log Analysis part of this forum. Microbell is a whiz and will have you squeeky clean in no time :)
Please don't use the auto analyzer that some like to recommend. It will denote items that are legitimate as bad ones which can lead to a totally screwed up computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom