Trojan.Vundo

Status
Not open for further replies.

undertaker67

Solid State Member
I have been getting alerts from my Norton Antivirus this week saying that it has detected a visus on my computer and is the Trojan.Vundo and cannot be repaired. I run my antivirus scan and even went to the Symantec web site and downloaded the removal tool and ran both and says that it doesn't detect any such virus on my computer. I don't know what to do and how to get rid of it! Can anyone help me and will this in any way harm my computer? Thank you.

Hi and Welcome to TF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run the following tools. Download and update the databases on each program before running.

Also make sure you are using the the latest version (1.99.1) of HijackThis and it's installed in it's own folder on the root drive. (C:\HJT)

Download hijackthis......do a scan..save the log and post it in the hijackthis forum.

IMPORTANT!!

I also need a favor. There has been an increase of this Vundo trojan showing up in the last 4 days. We are trying to narrow it down to were it's coming from. If your getting popups...please state what these popups are.

Example::

Older Vundo was generating popups for WinFixer.

Hey thanks for your help! I did what you suggested and hadn't had the virus alert come up at all since I was on my computer since yesterday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom