Trojan Horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolray

Solid State Member
I get Trojan horse virus constantly.
After scanning my computer many many times, I finally decide to format the computer. I honestly don't want to mess with registries by installing a lot of programs that help to get rid of Trojan virus, because I'm not good at IT.
So I think formating the computer might be safer for me. But before doing that I try to export *.pst files from MS Outlook.
My question of doing is that I might have a chance to get the Trojan horse back to my computer when I import the files.
Do you think it is possible? If it is, is there any other way I can copy back to my machine?

Thanks.

I think formatting is too drastic, look at warez guide. All I use out of it is ad-aware se personal, avg 7.5, ccleaner which is a tiny but powerful program, and HiJackThis, which you post a log on this site. Reinstalling windows takes about half an hour of it's own. Then reinstalling all other software. I'm no expert but it's not that hard cleaning your computer and keeping it free.

yes true, but sometimes there is a need to reinstall a hosed up system but maybe not here, we will see

Hi Coolray
Bad news having Trojans messing up your system you could try a program called TrojanHunter to get rid of them www.misec.net I had many on my system and read about TrojanHunter in a magazine worth a try what have you got to lose.

Cheers the noo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom