thinkpoint has messed up my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright just cause there are pay per use versions out there means absolutely nothing in the world of PC's. It has been proven time and time again that the Free versions of apps and completely free versions are quite as capable as these so called pay per use software. Plain and simple. MSE was awarded for their program, completely free for your lifetime mind you, for their outstanding detection rates that rivaled such programs as Eset, Kaspersky and BitDefender. Now on the flip side, you have software that is not free but pay per use yearly named McAfee. Which failed to pass the same test that this free software was awarded for.

So how is it that a pay per use software is actually worse than a free program? Simple. The pay per use already has your money. Why do they care? Now the free software wants to keep you and prevent you from going to these others, so they offer a quality product to stop you from going. Now add into this the fact that the same company that makes the OS your using is making this free alternative has to mean a bit more than some 3rd party that doesnt have the intimate knowledge that the company that makes it does. Again sound logic there as well.

I can vouch for MSE. I used it since it was a Beta before it was released, i used it after it was released and i use the ongoing beta now to test new features for others. I removed it to do a test against BitDefender Internet Security 2011. While that is a sound program and what it offers is great for some people, it was not for me. I am back to using MSE again. Cause it works. No program will keep you safe if you go every where and anywhere and click everything and anything. You have to surf smart and you have to pay attention to what your installing. You are the final piece of protection. You are the end all of the infection. You are the one who either allows it on the PC or blocks it from the PC. The software only helps you stay safe. It doesnt flat out protect you from everything. Think of it like and Air Bag in a car. Yeah it can help save you in a crash, but it also isnt going to prevent you from not getting hurt as the air bag itself can hurt you.

As for the Browser aspect. I know i have the Firefox Profile Backup listed in the Browser area. I also wrote up several guides on how to backup bookmarks for Firefox, IE and Opera.

Chrome you shouldnt have to. The new ability to sync automatically does this for you. It is stored on the Google Servers and when you go to Linux or after you reinstall, just log back in and viola. Everything comes back. No need to backup as they take care of it for you.

This is also built into Opera now as well.

Firefox just came out with Sync but that isnt planned to be full blown until Firefox 4 but you can still get the Extension now and use it with the current versions.

With the new Live Essentials Pack from Microsoft you can also Sync your IE Bookmarks with ease. So they can be restored.

So while i do have the guides to show the manual ways, there are methods in place now that makes those guides obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom