Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BitGuard

• BitDefender

• SAV 10

• Total voters
Mcafee AV and Advanced System care by Iobit antimalware. It is someone who knows us, we think and has a personal problem with us. They have changed passwords, got into my husbands debit card, which the bank refunded, post as us on facebook and have sent me emails under a temporary email, showing me copies of private FB messages. We have contacted the police and FBI, but they pretty much have been no help.
They don't need to be in your network to do this. A key logger can easily do this planted by malicious software. It can be anybody.

Yes, I am aware of that. Was just saying we think we know who is doing it, but can't prove it.

Its a long shot but you might find out who it is if they establish a connection to your computer and you happen to be there by chance.

Goto Start -> Run. Type 'cmd' to goto command prompt.
Now type
netstat -n

This will display all the foreign IP & ports u r connected to at that point.
Keep this as well Download Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

That should come in handy while managing your home network.

Its a long shot but you might find out who it is if they establish a connection to your computer and you happen to be there by chance.

Now type
netstat -n

Keep this as well Download Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

WireShark would probably be a better tool.

Wont help much if they're behind a proxy or VPN though (and if they are smart enough to use exploits illegally then they should be smart enough to cover their tracks).

Sent from my Nexus 7

Now type
netstat -n

Ran the CMD and netstat -n It gave me a list of several instances of my IP running with a foreign IP next to it (we have about 5 products on our network running off this main computer, It also gave me another IP address which also have foreign IP's next to them. All say established except one says time wait.

Netstat just shows what TCP/IP servers you're connected; if you wanted to find out what each one is, you can run a WHOIS lookup on each of the IP addresses.

Have you completed the steps I listed previously yet?

The strange IP address that is showing is coming up as non existant, so I assume they are masking their real address.

Back
Top Bottom