Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BitGuard

• BitDefender

• SAV 10

• Total voters
Ah well I guess it depends if you trust the security savvy of the other people on the network, but anyway, having the windows firewall on doesn't cause me any problems so i'm happy to leave it on.

Hi im new here and have just reformatted my laptop. Ive intalled Zonealarm with anti virus and anti software running.Also i have installed online armor, i belive this is some kind of firewall. If it is is it ok to have them both running at the same time? Ive also got avg, ad-aware, windows defender,panicware popup stopper and avast antivirus running. Is this to much and will i get problems running them all? Thanks for your help in this.

Only run 1 firewall and 1 antivirus app. Uninstall the others that you don't want, and only keep 1 of each. The antispy programs (ad-aware/win defender) will be ok to have multiples of. Otherwise you'll get conflictions.

I'd pick between Avast! and AVG to keep. Whichever you prefer the most, because they're both good AV's.

Thanks. im gonna try avast, hopefully it will be ok. Which firewall do you recomend zone alarm or online armor?

Haven't tried Online Armor..only used ZA for a while and I didn't really like it.. I use Comodo Free Firewall along with Nod32 on my desktop, and have Eset Smart Security Suite on my laptop (antivirus/firewall built-in).

Thanks again. ive uninstalled avg, avast,ZA and online armor and gone for NOD32 and comodo. Hopefully now its gonna run smooth

Back
Top Bottom