• McAfee

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • BitDefender

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Kaspersky

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus 2010

I voted AVG since I administer the business edition at work. Excellent Admin console with a very granular policy setting.

If I could vote more than once, I'd also pick MSE. I've been using at home w/ no problems.

I chose MSE, as it seems a little quicker and not as intrusive as Avast, which would have been my second choice. Avast has kept my virus free for the past year, and MSE is doing just as well if not better.

Trend Micro FTW!!! Anyone tried kaspersky?

I have.

So many false positives...

Since when do you get trojans and viruses from the google homepage? -.-

And Team Fortress 2 when I bought it from a store...

Yeah, I'm sure Best Buy is going to put a trojan on the Orange Box disc just to **** with me, Kaspersky.

i went to complain to the people who're supposed to manage my campuses internet services, because i frequently kept getting blocked from the network because apparently my pc is infected or i'm hogging bandwidth (those are just the standard reasons they give whenever one gets blocked, for 4+ freaking hours...).

so they ask me what av i'm running and i tell them mse, and they look at me like i'm freaking frankenstein. they're like what's that? we've never heard of this "mse"...

they're so sure its my unheard of av, they told me to uninstall it and emailed me instructions on how to install avast.

morons...

anyway i like mse, always worked great for me. doesn't feel like a system hog and scans don't take a really long time.

Did you just say "MSE" or did you say "Microsoft Security Essentials"?

Anyway, since uninstalling Kaspersky and installing MSE, my computer has been running a LOT smoother.

Just a Note to Throw in, I have been using HITMAN 3.5 lately to remove viruses, Trojans,Warms and spy-ware. I have been highly impressed by its performance.
It was able to track and remove several warms on a Users PC along with a Boot root-tool kit. The PC that had many issues has now been working seamlessly.

Did you just say "MSE" or did you say "Microsoft Security Essentials"?

Anyway, since uninstalling Kaspersky and installing MSE, my computer has been running a LOT smoother.

a month later... i just realize you responded to my post.

no, i said the whole name, just typed MSE for the post.

Anyone every used WEBROOT before? What do you all think of it? Scott Lagerbom

Already answered in your topic you created.

Back
Top Bottom