• Trend Micro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

whoever voted for norton must die. not really... but come on man.

Just starting using Avira and I like it. I switched from AVG because it game me a couple of false reports (Intially when installing Bioshock).. Went through a few free trials.

Norton is so, obtrusive, and it never uninstall cleanly. Kaprensky I found to be a poor performer, it seemed to to take up a bit of process power.

I'll stick with Avira for abit, but, might flip back to AVG because of the popularity of it. :)

Sorry! But I had to bump AVG up a little since I've been using that for several years now. I dumped McAfee then Symantec years back and didn't find much with Avast except for it's own type of antiphising filter.

I was recently on a virus/Trojan hunt on a friends box. We used Kaspersky and it didn't find anything. Over a lot of protestations from my friend about the poor quality of free anti virus proggys we finally ran Avira and guess what...it found/removed the two back door Trojans we were looking for. I gotta say, it may not be the best, but it finds stuff other proggies miss. Antivir scans quickly without slowing the box down too much.
I gave up on AVG when they went to automatic everything. It served me well for several years.
I find that Kaspersky is also a bit resourse intensive and slow to scan. It does the trick most of the time, as does NOD 32, for the pay to play guys.

I haven't used AVG or the other top picks in quite a while but I really like Nod32! It cleaned up stuff that 3 other major name scanners didn't detect or couldn't remove. I use the Eset Smart Security now that includes the Nod32 and a firewall in a much better user interface.

ok im done with avg!
ive been using avg for a while and i think my bro got some pron and i realised some major wierd slow downs ...i did a scan and nothing.
I installed kaspersky IS and i got like 6 viruses and now my pc is clean again.

I use to love kaspersky but left cos i herd of a major bug, now im back and not leaving.

here are the 2 loosers who voted for norton
GvGuy39, PC_Caveman

jk...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom