• Trend Micro

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

Is AVG free or no? If there is a free version is it worth it? I currently have Norton...

^yeah there is a free version. Switch to it and get rid of norton....norton makes me lose the will to live.

^yeah there is a free version. Switch to it and get rid of norton....norton makes me lose the will to live.

people keep saying it's better but I am curious as to why it is? Also is the free version of AG good enough? What is reasons to purchase full version? Thanks for the help!

Norton and McAfee are some of the worst virus detecting applications out there. AVG and Avast free version both have a higher detect rate as well as a better live protection.

Osiris uses AVG free, i use Avast Home which is free. If we both can sit here and help people get their system clean while not getting infected ourselves i think that speaks for itself.

The full versions have more options that some people prefer. While they can be useful they are not necessary.

Personally, I don't like AVG because of a previous experience. I used it for a month and got infected. On a side note, a USB scanned clean by my friend's AVG protected laptop does not get a clean rating with my BitDefender, so I'm sticking to it...^_^

I have AVG and I have had no problems with it ever since I switched from Norton (which I tihnk was horrible) to AVG back a few years ago.

Currently I have AVG free version 8.0, and there is a new feree version 8.5 out now.
Do you guys always upgrade to the lates version? Or would it be better to stick to the old version?

Always update. They update the program for a reason. The old one could have been reverse engineered, hacked ro something in a way that the virus writers know a way around their protection.

It is always teh best idea to have the latest version. Espically for a free software.

Always update. They update the program for a reason. The old one could have been reverse engineered, hacked ro something in a way that the virus writers know a way around their protection.

It is always teh best idea to have the latest version. Espically for a free software.

Ok, Thanks!:)

I will update to version 8.5 today.

nod 32 and kaspersky are good
free version of avg does not include rootkit detection, rootkits are very common now so thats y its useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom