Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bit Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tech-Forums Top Rated Antivirus

ive been using nod32 for a while .
tried kaspersky...avast...avira...avg...
but for some reason nod seems promising!

I wonder if anyone can help me, I seen some Symantec Anti-virus Corporate fans out there.

I'm about to launch a business on my PC and did some searching on AV's and needed a quick fix.

Of course lots of opinions on whats best, I was using the new AVG recently but wasn't happy for a few reasons.

Anyway I had a copy of Symantec Anti-virus Corporate here although it is 8.0which is an old version (says 2002 in the help file) . I was under the impression that a Corporate version would stay up to date on definitions but maybe I was wrong. I installed it and it ran a crap load of updates but then a pop-up came up and said "the defintion file is old" when it was done.

When I pull up the window it says Virus Def file:

10/21/1999 rev 83

Do I need to purchase a new license?

Maybe I should use Avast, what is the best way to TOTALLY remove this if it is not going to be up-to-date? I remeber in the past removing a Symantec product completely was not easy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jay

i have to renew my Kaspersky Internet Security 2007. It's $54 for one year plus i go to the latest edition, 2009. I like Kaspersky but should i change now while i still have the chance? I most likely will stay with it but i just want another person's opinion. Kaspersky has done a great job for me really.

I have my neighbors on AVG . I use windows live OneCare, but it is processes hungry :), but its been good to me so far.

I have my neighbors on AVG . I use windows live OneCare, but it is processes hungry :), but its been good to me so far.

According to Mak the LiveOneCare is going to be fazed out by summer.

I thought people would always POUNCE at the chance to legitimately use "ph" in front of a word that sounded like it started with an "f".... cause it just looks cool :D

I stand corrected....

EDIT: I choose avast. obvious reasons why anyone would like a particular antivirus software package incoming in 5....4....3....2....1

1) It's fast
2) easy to use
3) has a boot scan option
4) free
5) has picked up on work computers items that McAfee/AVG hasn't
6) it's a great supplement to malware bytes

I thought people would always POUNCE at the chance to legitimately use "ph" in front of a word that sounded like it started with an "f".... cause it just looks cool :D

I stand corrected....

EDIT: I choose avast. obvious reasons why anyone would like a particular antivirus software package incoming in 5....4....3....2....1

1) It's fast
2) easy to use
3) has a boot scan option
4) free
5) has picked up on work computers items that McAfee/AVG hasn't
6) it's a great supplement to malware bytes

Agree. I trust Avast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom