System Security Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actuality

Beta member
Ok so I've been messing with this for about 3 hours, it changed my desktop background, and it keeps spamming me with popups saying everything is infected and wants my credit card info for the "virus scanner"

So i looked up what other people did with it, but most of the posts were out dated. I installed 3 different virus scanners, but i cant open any of them because it shuts off any windows i open instantly. It disabled my system restore points, and i cant get into safemode.

I am completely at a loss of what to do short of completely wiping my computer, which also wont work because i cant find my xp disc...

Any help is greatly appriciated

I read a thing on a diff tech forum and it sait to use SpyHunter. So in safemode i installed it and it said to restart. Now on restart it takes me to a screen where you select either SpyHunter, XP, or Vista.

I dont have Vista even installed on my comp.

Once you select one it try's to boot it. When i select XP It boots up regular xp without safemode, and spyhunter does absolutly nothing but gives me an error and boots normal xp.

The great part is i cant uninstall spyhunter because the virus wont let the uninstall window open... i hate this so much

Also i cant open his guide because of the virus. I cant even extract it.

doh...... Try right as you select XP, hit f8 or f10.... depends on the computer, might let you in to the bootup mode.

Yha, i was afraid of the not opening part, safe mode would help.

Before you go too crazy, Osiris should be around.. dson't forget it's July 4th, or someone else whos better at this.

i tried spamming both, it just continued to the XP load screen without doing anything... and i really appreciate the help, i do realize that it is the 4th.. thanks <3

This is the worst virus I have ever had. I just got it about an hour ago. It doesn't let me open task manager or any programs, and whenever I try to start in safe mode, the computer restarts midway. However, I started again normally and started hitting ctrl alt delete right away. It takes a few seconds for the virus to block access to the task manager, so I ended the explorer process. That halted everything, and I was able to end most of the many malicious programs. I was also able to run programs with the File-Run menu on the task manager without the virus blocking them. I installed Malware Bytes AntiMalware and am in the process of scanning. I think I will be able to beat the virus without wiping my disk since I am now able to run programs. I hope this helps.

I got this same one recently. It's the worst, especially considering this was my first computer virus. I was able to get past it by opening the task manager VERY quickly right when the computer turned on, and ending the System Security process. To do this, click on the processes tab in task manager and end the process with numbers in its name (ie, 120589...). From there, you're free to do anything needed to get rid of the virus.

Quick notes:
1. If you delete anything of the virus's and it ends up in the Recycling Bin, remember to delete it FROM the bin! Otherwise, the virus will just affect your computer again.

2. System Security usually comes with another virus (I think). At least that's how it was in my case. What had happened was, I had finally gotten rid of System Security, but my scans said I still had Trojan. I don't do any shopping or put any highly classified information into my computer, so I figured I could fix that later (I only had a free scanner, so it couldn't get RID of viruses. I actually had to get rid of System Security manually). Well, I restarted my computer expecting it to be a-okay, but I got the System Security pop-up again! And my scans said I still had some things from System Security, although my previous scan had said all I had was Trojan. So this time, I used the task manager as stated above, and downloaded MalwareBytes AntiMalware. It got rid of Trojan and the tiny bits of System Security still around. I restarted my computer again, did another scan, and deleted the little bmp file of the desktop System Security used (the wallpaper that says WARNING...).

Ok, I got this today...its System Security.... goes into a scan process and tells you about all the infections ie. spyware, trojans etc.. on your system. It replaces your back ground with Warning you computer may be infected with spyware etc. I searched several forums but everyone is saying to go into safe mode. Well, safe mode does not work for me.... I press F8 and it does not allow me to chose safe mode. Also can not run malwarebytes or anything else for that matter. Keeps blocking everything.... so this is what I did

go to start and then my computer. Select your harddrive that has windows installed on it (exp C: drive). click it then click documents and settings--> then click all users--> then application data. Now dont left click anything else from this point. Search for a folder that has several numbers like 10900464.... right click (DO NOT LEFT CLICK because the program adapts to this). Once you right click hit explore.... when the file opens you should see that **** shield thing (black and orange pattern) its the .exe file for the program....right click it and any other files in this folder..... change the name (anything you want...mine was "go $#^% yourself") and then restart your computer. Once restarted, then download and install malwarebytes anti malware and clean your computer

Ok so I've been messing with this for about 3 hours, it changed my desktop background, and it keeps spamming me with popups saying everything is infected and wants my credit card info for the "virus scanner"

So i looked up what other people did with it, but most of the posts were out dated. I installed 3 different virus scanners, but i cant open any of them because it shuts off any windows i open instantly. It disabled my system restore points, and i cant get into safemode.

I am completely at a loss of what to do short of completely wiping my computer, which also wont work because i cant find my xp disc...

Any help is greatly appriciated

Hi, have you tried Avira AntiVir Rescue System? You burn it to a CD. Then you use the Avira AntiVir Rescue System CD to boot your computer. Avira AntiVir Rescue System CD will scan, and clean your computer virus.

Hi, have you tried Avira AntiVir Rescue System? You burn it to a CD. Then you use the Avira AntiVir Rescue System CD to boot your computer. Avira AntiVir Rescue System CD will scan, and clean your computer virus.

Hi everyone. I just had the System Security virus. To get rid of it i booted into Safe Mode (F2) on my laptop and had an option to log in as Administrator which i did. From there i ran system restore to yesterday as i'm certain i got the virus in a dodgy email attachment i received today. I then booted into my normal user account (the one i was in when the problems started). Good Luck. Please post here if this also works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom