System Restore Virus, Freezing up Everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aff1993

In Runtime
Hi,
My PC has a virus or something in my system restore folder in my second hard drive, McAfee Sees it in the virus scan, but whenever it gets to that file, the computer makes a "sss, sss, sss," noise and dosent stop, and we have to reset, if you try to manually scan it, it will freeze and wont work, if you try to delete it, it will make that noise and freeze, i dont know how to delete it, its located somewhere in my second drive with heaps of files, something for system restore.
Thanks, aff1993

I found the virus, when i installed the standalone exe of Microsoft Photo Editor, the wierd sss sss sss noise started, but when i found the virus again it had an icon of photo editor, yet i unintalled it ages ago, this file is located in D:\System Volume Informartion\ and its called "a0073493.exe" please tell me how to delete it, everytime anti-virus scans it it freezes, or if i view it, or if i even right click it, it freezes when i acess the folder too, and i have tried 3 different anti virus, Norton, Online scanner and McAfee, and all froze, please help!

Follow Warez Monsters instructions above. Just skip the online scans for now and post if any scan detects anything. Make sure you follow the rest of the steps.

If you read the guide, it says, 'If you canÂ’t perform a step, then skip it'. So ****ing skip it. Use some common sense. Just finish the rest of the guide.

Any need for caps lock?

yes there is a need, if i try ANY OF THE 11 ANTI-VIRUS, ILL JUST FREEZE, AND MY WHOLE COMPUTER FREEZES WHEN I EVEN OPEN UP ITS DIRECTORY, SO SHUT UP JAMES, YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT, YOUR JUST TRYING TO LOOK GOOD, AND ITS NOT HELPING!

Well if you had actually looked at the guide not all of the 11 programs are anti virus'. Msconfig cleanup, removing bad programs and HijackThis are important steps that you should do.

Btw, are you 10 yr old?
'Look good'? What do you mean?

Ok, if I don't know what i'm doing i'll leave you and your ****ed up PC alone.

i tried in safe mode, but every stupid scanning program i use FREEZES UP ON IT, and James, your no help at all, you can think of your own answers so you use warez monsters, none of that works, and oh, by the way, im 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom