System Restore is the bomb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mmun1st4lyf3

In Runtime
well i just got like 10 spyware from downloading this hack =.=(stupid *** me) then instead of going through scannin my thing i just system restore to previous day, and wahhhllaaa! works well!!

Run a scan. betcha all the spyware in the registry and folders are still there. Its not that great of a tool as its vunerable to many virus's etc...

Yes, I've used system restore many times on my old computer that seemed to have an addiction to screw up and **** me off. Very useful for software problems but not really for removing spyware and viruses.

Ive used it after installing some software that basically screwed up all my internet settings and my adsl modem wasnt connecting so i did system restore and all was hunky dory!:D

The spyware/adware is still there. System Restore may be the bomb to you, however keep this in mind:

System Restore takes a snapshot of your computer at random times, mostly at powering down, or booting up, or before a software installation. This feature is great, for legitimate issues.

When it comes to spyware, adware, viruses, and other items, they LOVE the System Restore feature, because once they infect it, any time you try to perform the System Restore, you bring everything back. Granted, it may have fixed your issue- for now. You have created a whole different problem for the future. Only way to get rid of it is to empty the System Restore folder. Until you do so, turn it off, then scan, your computer is not clean. Glad it's working now.

love it

I had a spyware program get in and I was freaked out.
But then I used system restore and I'm all better know....

get acronis restore suite its much better and it does remove viruses its not like system restore actually i heard its more liek nortons ghost but a much cheaper adn more effective version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom