symantec corp and NOD32 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
hello all,

I was using symantec corperate edition and since I installed daemon tools every time I press right click it tried to install symantec again. Since that happened I sadly had to uninstall it :(.

So I installed NOD32 instead now although I know its a great program too, I get a message every time I shutdown my computer, it ask me about my floppy drive or something then choose cancel, retry or abort. Its not a huge problem just wondering if anyone has similar problems and how to disable it.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help.

Sorry about that I should know better by now :)

The error message reads:

the drive is not ready for use its door maybe open. Please check drive A: and make sure a disk is inserted.

Cancel Retry About

Ok found the problem, I had forgotten to actually plug my power connector to the drive.

Although now here's something odd I went into the BIOS disabled the floppy then when i loaded up windows my task bar and desktop icons where not there. I had to go into task manager shutdown explorer then re enable it.

So i went back into the BIOS re enabled the floppy and now my pc loads up as usual...lol Guess I`ll have to plug the power connector in at some point then.

Unless there's a way to disable NOD32 from looking at drive a: because its that which brings up the message in the first place.

I tried that, but i noticed if i reinstall daemon tools it doesn't pop up with that message box about installing something about a debugger. So maybe that is the problem.

Its ok I will stick with NOD32 for now and fix my floppy drive later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom