Suggestions for new AV Utility?

The ones to avoid are macafee, AVG and MSE those are ranked very low on most lists.

The reason you see stuff like AVG and MSE low on these "lists" is due to a simple factor. The paid software also pays for ad space on these sites. Just look at PCMagazine.com, they are over run with Norton Ads and claim it is the best thing since sliced bread. Yet when you talk to any real tech, they will give you nothing but horror stories about it.

It is called never bite the hand that feeds you. These places want to survive so they give good ratings to those that give them money. They dont want people to know that they can get the same protection from a free to use program as they can from these pay per use programs. Then these companies would have to explain to their customers why they have to pay when they can get the same thing free.

I will trust my 20 years of experience over any advertisement or review anyday. I do try out these products. I do run my personal tests. From there I make my choice. I dont just recommend something cause I think it is good. I recommend it cause I personal use it and trust it.

So far I love it Yami. Scan is faster than MSE and updates also complete faster. No pesky alerts or popups just does it's job and stays out of my way.

Faster scan is not always a better scan...

wow.. i cant believe almost no1 on this forums knows about superantispyware or xoftspy... superantispyware portable is fantastic btw.. and xoftspy is know for deep quick scans and removing problems most cant.. jeeeeesh try em guys. down w/ mcafee + norton

I know of them. I just dont prefer to use them. Each person has their own preference. I prefer to use and suggest to use tools that I know and trust to remove infections. You have your preference, we have ours. there is nothing wrong with that.

right but thats kinda like a less extreme version of "im stuck in my ways" haha.. im not saying anything wrong with it but it sure is effective. :)

I am not stuck in my ways. If the process works, why change it? Why go with software that wont get me the same results I want? That makes no sense. The software I use gets the job done. Just like it does for you. Your stuck in your ways just as much as you are claiming I am stuck in mine for not trying out other software. Why are you pushing for SAS so much instead of trying the software we recommend?

Dont go casting stones and saying things when you are doing the same thing. You know what works for you. I know what works for me and the thousands of people I have helped on this site. It doesnt make sense to have them try software that wont get them the results that I nor they want.

woah? i jus downloaded and tried your recommended ones on a pc i purposely infected.. then i tried mine..

see... "why cahnge it if it works" to get something that works more efficient. why am i pushing it? i'm not.. if your solutions cant help him mine prolly will... someone is letting ADMIN power get the best of them.. relax im not attacking you.. neither is SAS.. haha.

Back
Top Bottom