sudden hangs when online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kad3r

Beta member
Hi every1

my first post here 2 this nice forum here. And im right away posting a question to a problem im fighting with. The thing is that im xperiencing sudden, frequent but very short hangs. meaning that everything stops responding but only for a split second. that can be quite annoying, even more when ure doing computer graphics. As well im getting strange software crashes.
The most bizzare thing is that this occurs only when ive got wlan enabled, in other words when im online. I ve just recently set up windows again, got all the newest updates for win (including SP2) and as well the newest hardware drivers. For internet protection i got Norton Internet Security 2005 all up2date. Has any1 xperienced anything like this before? Im not even sure its virus/spyware related. I got web encryption enabled as well. For hardware specs see my signiture. Thx a lot in advance for any help.

Well, how much of your network bandwidth is being used, how many packets are you recieving in how long? We/I need more info. As far as I can tell, from what you've said, it'd appear that one of two things is happening:
1) Someone/something is mass-pinging you
2) You're downloading something at an acceptional high rate of speed (maybe you didn't start it, but it could be someone sending you a trojan, etc...)
Or wait.. theres another
3) If someone's gotten your IP, they could be browsing you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom