stupid program wont go away....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethiopian

Solid State Member
I dont know how it got here, but the folder is called tolbar. i cant delete it because the dll files are being used by another program... i try to close out the program using crlt alt del, but it comes right back up when i close it down. program names are TBPS.exe TBPSSvc.exe PIB.exe WToolsA.exe WToolsS.exe! everytime i try to end program they just come back... i tried to delete it out of the registry and i used ad-aware, but they still keep coming back!!!!!

the reason it bothers me, is because every 10 mins or so IE comes up with this stupid toolbar crap!!

if any1 can help me out, much would be appriciated! thank you!

Boot into safe mode, from there enter the registry and delete the mentioned keys. Also scan with ad/spyware prog, and an AV prog.

Files called wtoolsa.exe, wtoolsb.exe, wtoolss.exe, wsup.exe, and wtoolsb.dll are reportedly installed with an adware program called "WinTools". Have you installed Wintools? It acts as a search page and home page hijacker. You may have intentionally installed this or it could have been stealth installed along with a program like Gator.

You can try to uninstall it via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. WinPatrol can also help to remove this program.

I've read that CWShredder can get rid of this one, but I don't know that for sure. It's still a good program to run.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom