Stration.gen!dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjf314

In Runtime
I just got done running my weekly scan of various sypyware and antivirus programs. While programs like Symantec, Windows Defender, and BitDefender came up with nothing, the online Windows Live One Care scan came up with one listing under:

Win32\Stration.gen!dr

C:\windows\vasara\metagatex\mgxm.exe

that it could not remove.

I tried to look up some information on this via Google, but so far I haven't had any luck. Anyone know anything about it or advice for taking care of the problem?

Yes. I fully update all of my scanners before I run them each week.

Edit: I actually hadn't even thought to do this beforehand, but I tried to just delete the entire Vasara folder, since all it had in it was another folder containing the above executable and a dll file. I was allowed to do this, nothing prevented me from deleting it. It's currently just sitting in my Recycle bin, though, since I don't even know what it is. Would just removing the file solve any problems? It almost seems too easy. I think that I'll run Windows Live One Care again and see if it comes up with anything now that the folder has been removed. If there are any more suggestions, I'd appreciate them since this has me pretty confused as I can't find any references online to this file.

Double edit: One Care just finished scanning again. The file in the Recycle Bin was the only thing flagged, so I went ahead and deleted it out of there. I'm still not feeling very confident that everything is taken care of, though, so keep the suggestions coming if you have any. In the meantime, I'll run some scanners when I go to work tonight to see if they come up with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom