Strange Error when Inst. Spyblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now please do this:
Copy the contents of the bold text to Notepad.
Name the file Appinit.bat
Save as type All Files
Save on the Desktop.

Reg save "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows" windows1.hiv
ren windows1.hiv windows.txt

Double click on Appinit.bat
This will create a file on the desktop named windows.txt
Please copy and paste the contents of the Windows.txt file into your next reply. It will look strange but please paste it anyway.

Ok Lobos - here it is....ascii looking text :)

regf       Pugf hbin  ¨ÿÿÿnk, xDçjÕKÄ ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ð x ÿÿÿÿ 0 : 0 0  Windows ÿÿÿsk x x  Ô  „¸ È   ¤       !  €  !  ?          ?               Øÿÿÿvk :    fùAppInit_DLLs֍æGÀÿÿÿC : \ W I N D O W S \ S y s t e m 3 2 \ l o g n . d l l v¼ h Ðÿÿÿvk     ÀUDeviceNotSelectedTimeoutðÿÿÿ1 5  ( ðÿÿÿ9 0  ë=tÀÐÿÿÿvk  €'   zGDIProcessHandleQuota"þàÿÿÿvk  x   °ºSpooler2ðÿÿÿy e s
Ñ_å h Ø ( X _ àÿÿÿvk  €   5swapdiskÐÿÿÿvk     . TransmissionRetryTimeoutàÿÿÿh Ø ( X _ À  Ðÿÿÿvk  €'   b USERProcessHandleQuota3 À

don't worry i got what i need i'll be back with the rest

Are using windows XP pro or windows XP home

and is your file system NTSF or FAT32

hey lobos

XP home and I think its NTSF.....

What do you see that I obviously havent the foggiest notion of what it is? LOL

i see the bad file hopefully this will work
you may want to print these instructions so when you go into safe mode

Reboot into Safe mode (tap F8 key at boot).

Navigate to and right click this file and select properties:

C : \ W I N D O W S \ S y s t e m 3 2 \ logn.dll make sure not to take out anything similar to that like logon scr

Use the security tab on the file and take ownership.

How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP.
Change the everyone special to
you | with Admin rights- | FULL control
Then try to delete it. If that fails try to rename it first to different name+ext. Then if that fails try to rename it again to different name+ext.

Example:

logn.dll to baddie.txt

then

baddie.txt to badfile.111

until you can delete it.

Once you have deleted..

C:\WINDOWS\System32\******.dll

Boot back into normal mode.

-----------------------------------------------------

Run CWshredder and press the Fix-> button to clean.

---------------------------------------------------------

Click here to download AdAware 6 181

Run AdAware
Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file 01R321 19.06.2004 by clicking Check for updates now, and following the prompts.

Now to set it up for optimum performance...

Make sure the following settings are configured. Remember that ON=GREEN.

From main window click Start | Activate in-depth scan.

Then click Use custom scanning options | Customize and have these options switched ON...

Scan within archives
Scan active processes
Scan registryDeep scan registry
Scan my IE Favourites for banned URLs
Scan my host-files

Then click the Settings button.. (the gear icon on the top row) then Tweak | Scanning engine and check..

Unload recognised processes during scanning.
Cleaning engine.
Let windows remove files in use at next reboot.

and uncheck..

Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion.

Then click Proceed, to save your settings.

Now click the Scan button.

When scan is finished, check the little box to the left of each entry to select them for removal, and get rid of them
Restart your computer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
change your homepage back to what you want to be

come back and post a fresh log and tell me how you computers running

Lobos

Hey Lobos - what exactly is that file? Also -once I get to Safe Mode, where do you want me to go to access the SYS32 file - Programs then Windows file or do you want me to hit Search and search for the .dll file?

I never programmed in any other users other than myself so I have full rights (never did the admin thing on here....didnt want to mess with it)

Thanks,
Deb

****ADDED**

Just went into Windows and Sys32 file - there is NO logn.dll file there - only logon.scr - nothing else....Also Search reveals no logn file either....am I looking in the wrong place? The only 2 .dll files that are there with "log" in it are "LOG.DLL and LOGHOURS.DLL"

Have NOT deleted anything or done anything per above - yet

its not - just went thru and did a *.dll and checked all areas of this system....the only ones are Log.dll and loghours.dll

?? I dunno

Could it be hidden and i just dont know it?

just wait for fix yes i read trhat too they were having problems with it but i thought that was only with mozilla because of one of the changes they made it will be helpful to keep you away from those csites that may be harmful

but it is not required to have both

let me know if you do get hijacked again or if you have any more problems.

Lobos

:eek: Thank you so much for all of your help over the past few days - greatly appreciated.

I'll keep an eye out for the new fix....

Have a wonderful day!

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom