Sticky Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
I'm not gonna pretend I know much about computer viruses or how they work, but I'll try my best. About a week ago, I was on my computer and an AIM screen popped up. It had a link with the message; "do you mind if I use this pic of you on facebook and myspace?" The message was from some girl on my friends list, and she uses that stuff all the time so I figured it was legit, so I opened it up and then nothing happened. After that I knew what happened because I looked on my friends list and the person that sent me the message wasn't even on :freak:.

So anyways, after that I started getting tons of pop-ups, new icons installed on my desktop, and erratic performance. I have tried everything I can think of. I deleted the temporary files, cleared history, and deleted cookies, then emptied the recycle bin, restarted in safe mode and did a full ad-aware, Spybot, and AVG scan. All scans turned up multiple problems. Every time I try to delete the problems 2-3 of them wont die :angry:. I assume these files are the actual virus or whatnot, and they are installing the other files.

I tried manually deleting the files after the search, and they all say access is denied. There is one file in the very first page of the c drive that is called Defender25 by the company AAAIA, which is one of the ones I cannot delete. After a while, a ton more files will start showing up, but I can delete all of those. The other files I cannot delete are in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and they all have random names like uorv42a, and they are all .dlls. A couple showed up there called look2me topconverting, smitfraud-c, and coolwwwsearch. I couldn't delete these either, but sometimes they dont show up in spyware/virus scans, other times they do.

I need to get my computer as clean as possible, but I cannot reformat because I have an expensive animation program installed, which I no longer have the cd key for. I am taking an a class that uses the software, so I have to do the best I can without completely wiping the hard drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I hope I have supplied enough information. Thank you!

To get into safe mode, press F8 when the computer loads, and select Safe Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom