Starting opera crashes me, and random crashes in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

fridgestar

Baseband Member
My computer will crash whenever I open Opera, im not sure what the problem is either, although i have a session of different links on there which may or may not be related to the problem. It just started to freeze and crash my computer after I started opening it. My computer will also freeze up and get extremely slow after at random times, not sure if its random or not since theres no definite trend to it but my computer will freeze, no black screen or blue screen though, but the music in the background will continue playing normally and sometimes if im doing something like changing the window im viewing or the such during the freeze, it will execute that change in windows extremely slowly, taking like a minute or so but its extremely slow after that so i'd have to restart anyways. Also, Opera had a more definite crash than this, being unable to do anything. I'm not sure whether its a virus or not since I have found viruses that do similar things before on my computer but malawarebytes anti-malware and superantispyware free doesn't detect any viruses. Also, this does not occur all that frequently, for example: it doesn't really occur when im playing a game full screen like warcraft 3 or fallout 3 but it usually happens when im playing like a windowed game and viewing websites (these websites probably dont contain viruses or the such) on google chrome or playing a windowed game and viewing a manga via images or the such. I can also leave my computer on overnight and it wouldn't crash. can someone help me please? thanks.

check the Sticky Thread and go through Osiris's Guide first. See if we can get something working on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom