spyware & virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileii

Baseband Member
I downloaded a song yesterday well what i thought was a song and ended up asking me to install a player to play it.. i know enough about computers to know i shouldnt have but i did anyway because i was in a rush..

I scaned with McFee PRO, Ad-Aware and spybot (all up-to-date) and still i get messages from the yellow triangel <!> thing saying such as it is now ; System Alert: Malware thrests and some pop ups telling me to download this and that anti virus/spyware program.

Is there anything else i can do? like most the spyware is just more so annoying then anything.

SMiLEii..

good ol' free AVG :) worked and the last thing i would have thought of because of McAfee PRO i trusted.. anyway it got rid of the desktop pop-ups and stuff like that and locked up a few viruses :).

But when i download my speed should me 200+ kb/sec but it starts at 100 and works it way down depending on the size of the download, anyway you can help me on this one ?

btw ; thanks for the help.

thats alrite,

download speeds vary and arnt always constant. the speed depends on how far away the source is and how many files your downloading at one time. my download speed is pretty crap, usually about 40-150kb/sec

But its always been 200-230 with any download that was hosted in europe but now its well low ..this sucks :S, thanks for your help anyway mate.

are you in the UK? downloads from american sites are gonna be much slower than European sites

I Suppose you were Downloading from P2P and downloaded a Song under 500KB which is MP3.. Lol Thats normally the Case of what Happens to people When they Download Music of P2P Programmes such as Limewire is the Main cause

are you in the UK? downloads from american sites are gonna be much slower than European sites

Lol no.. i tryed to download from a few uk/nl hosters and got the speed problem i was speaking of.

And Nvidiadude yes it was limewire but any help past telling me what i already know :p ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom