spyware/trojan annoyance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo2883

Beta member
hi, new here, and in need of serious help with this.

situation is this, i have what i believe is either spyware/trojan or if its even possible, a combination of both. basically whats going on is on random occasions spanning as low as second apart to as long as 30-40 minutes, random flash ads, and sound clips begin to play. sound clips are normally those of typical pop up ads saying "congratulations! youve won this and that, etc.". problem is, theres no window, so i dont know where the source is to eliminate it. Another really annoying sound, is constant clicking sound as if my index finger were having a seizure on my mouse (its tame at times as well).

ive tried several spyware/trojan removal software, even paying for one hoping it would remove it. was wrong obviously, as i knew i would be, but i was rather desperate. if anyone has ANY idea what it could be, PLEASE help me. it used to be a bit worse than JUST these symptoms, these are rather tame compared to how it was earlier in the day.

any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

You could simply reformat your computer if you have the copy of Windows you're currently running or if your computer came with a recovery disk it would reinstall Windows.

Format should be the last option. Format is not a solution. It is avoidance. While some people choose to do this many dont want to have to reinstall all their software, backup all their personal stuff and then put it all back on.

Format should only be advised once it is found that no other solutions are available.

and if you DO reformat, make sure you partition out your OS so if you ever have to do it again, you dont have to lose all your data.
but i agree with Mak, if you do not have it set up that way currently, you want to try everything else first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom