Which spyware program do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again everyone!

Thanks again for all the help you gave me and my dad in the past! We appreciate you!!!

Well, I am asking the following question:

Which anti-spyware program do you recommend?

Please let me also say that I have used the Ad-Aware 2007-2008 for two years.

I just noticed that they are offering Ad-Aware Pro for "free." Yet when I tried to download it, it now says I must accept one of their special deals [their special deals require I use my credit card to do a "trial basis" etc.].

Their "special" program is called "Getting Ad-Aware Plus With TrialPay."

I also just discovered that their "new" version [2009] is the exact same download file and I take it will also ask that I give my credit card info and do a "trial" basis on a new program they are soliciting.

I suppose I am asking if anyone here knows of an anti-spyware/adware program that I can download and use [and I am hoping it would be free].

I guess I am willing to pay for a program too if I must.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

It's me,

Soar

PS Has anyone else experienced this new "Ad-Aware 2009 Pro" scam?

There's actually several with some pointing to this one or that one depending on preferences. I could easily point to a favorite here but will direct you to the spyware removal guide Osiris has prepared. http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-1-12-2009-a-165828/

Hi again Eyecpc!

Thank you for your reply. Actually, I was interested in running an anti spyware not because I have any issues on my present system, but merely to assure myself that there is not a build up of spyware on my system.

I have used Ad-Aware in the past and now I feel I should switch to something else.

Any suggestions?

Soar

One of the top freeware pest removers in called Spyware Terminator found at Free spyware removal and spyware protection - Spyware Terminator

Originally that was put was placed on a watch due to a malware seen with the same name until the confusion was cleared up. The one feature this has over Ad-Aware and others is seeing a guard placed around the system registry instantly prompting you on any changes.

Besides when going to install anything new or something trying to get on? it will prompt you to allow or deny when going to uninstall a program as well. That acts a bit like you would expect with a firewall to some extent.

Ad-Adaware 2007 was the last free version for that it seems since the latest are no more then sharewares. Between the two one will catch a good deal of what the other will miss. So if you have 2007 on now run it with the ST program for a little extra.

Avast, Malware bytes, Osiris's guide and smart browsing are the best methods of keeping yourself safe.

Rember kid's winners don't use wares.

No wares? It takes hardwares to get online to begin with. :D

As far as any programs I still haven't found one yet that offers any ultimate protection. Even with smart browsing you can still get winged at times just the same since the more time you spend online the higher the probability.

Warez ;).

Malware Bytes has my props as in recently has saved my *** with a simple scan and is free. Made life easier than usual.
It does lack an active scan though in the free version.

Hi again everyone!

Thanks again for all the help you gave me and my dad in the past! We appreciate you!!!

Well, I am asking the following question:

Which anti-spyware program do you recommend?

Please let me also say that I have used the Ad-Aware 2007-2008 for two years.

I just noticed that they are offering Ad-Aware Pro for "free." Yet when I tried to download it, it now says I must accept one of their special deals [their special deals require I use my credit card to do a "trial basis" etc.].

Their "special" program is called "Getting Ad-Aware Plus With TrialPay."

I also just discovered that their "new" version [2009] is the exact same download file and I take it will also ask that I give my credit card info and do a "trial" basis on a new program they are soliciting.

I suppose I am asking if anyone here knows of an anti-spyware/adware program that I can download and use [and I am hoping it would be free].

I guess I am willing to pay for a program too if I must.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

It's me,

Soar

PS Has anyone else experienced this new "Ad-Aware 2009 Pro" scam?

Ad-Aware 2009 is a completely new and updated program. Just download the "Free" edition to begin with and never choose the Pro edition when they say it is free because a lot of software companies are now using "TrialPay" which makes you "try" one offer, then you get the pro version free.

Although, I did do this once and it was painless. I signed up for Stamps USA or something, then canceled the second I got my Pro version license. This was for a different program than Ad-Aware though. If you just want spyware/adware, Ad-Aware 2009 Free is great and requires no credit info!

I don't have any version Ad-Aware on 7 while seeing the 2007 release on XP and Vista. The ST program covers more there while being the annoyance of seeing various prompts come up for allowing this or that even at startup.

But I also have to agree with Saxon in some ways there since the most I ever end up seeing is some tracking cookies an the once in awhile bug I simpy step on before it can get any further. Those are typical of sites like nextag, pronto, and others like that.

Ad-Aware 2009 is a completely new and updated program. Just download the "Free" edition to begin with and never choose the Pro edition when they say it is free because a lot of software companies are now using "TrialPay" which makes you "try" one offer, then you get the pro version free.

Although, I did do this once and it was painless. I signed up for Stamps USA or something, then canceled the second I got my Pro version license. This was for a different program than Ad-Aware though. If you just want spyware/adware, Ad-Aware 2009 Free is great and requires no credit info!

Surge,

Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize I could still go with Adware 2009 and not be bugged with the "TrialPay."

I appreciate you help on this! I think I will try it.

Have a good one Surge!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom