spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use Spyware Dr and Ad-Aware. I also install SpywareBlaster, which is preventative.

I used Adaware for quite a while, but I sometimes got some spyware items that it could'nt get to come out, which was frustrating. So I downloaded the one that Yahoo offers, and it wasn't any better. I heard about the one from Microsoft about a month ago, and finally installed it. It has worked flawlessly since then.

First of all, there is no Award Winning Spyware Scanner. If that was true, then that particular spyware scanner could/will find all spyware. Not one spyware scanner does this. This is why you need to use several spyware scanners in conjuction with one another. Each scanner will find items the other scanner wont. If you dont beleive me, then test it yourself. I have already done this test myself using VMware, a virtual machine. The one spyware that had the best results of picking the most spyware out and having the ability to remove it successfully, is Microsoft Antispyware. I did these test on XP Pro, with no SP's. I went to all the cracks sites, warez, psp downloads, etc. Even after these scans, not one scanner was able to remove all. If there is a award winning spyware scanner, it needs to be able to remove all spyware, unregister the dll's, stop the services, etc etc. They tell you "Award Winning" so you buy it thinking its the best and it isn't. It is good but its only as good as the next scanner. So if you want to delete all spyware run mulitple scanners and the need for manual removal is a must of the toughest spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom