Spybot S&D problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartacuslg1

Solid State Member
Yesterday I ran a Spybot S&D scan, I followed the instructions for going into advanced mode and made all the changes that were suggested in Warez Monsters 4 step instructions for the spybot. I believe I may have unchecked or checked something wrong in the resident section. To make a long story short, after restarting my computer it wont boot up, it goes to a black screen that says windows did not load properly. It then gives choices to load in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, load with last know good setting or load normally. Well I have tried all of them and get nothing, when trying to load the safe modes it runs some script for a few seconds then stops, and with the other two options it just goes to a black screen. I was not really having any problems with the PC before this, my norton antivirus popped up and said it had found a "bloodhound.exe exploit 109" so I thought i would run the spybot. Please Help, Thanks

Not sure excatly what a repair install is, but I have tried putting an XP install disc into the cd-rom and I dont get the prompt to "boot from CD". It just goes to the black screen with a white flashing cursor, that wont let me type anything into, if I then eject the disc it goes straight to the screen asking for safemode, start normally etc.. but again any of the options just freeze up. It will let me F10 into the advanced start-up options called phoenix BIOS startup utilities, but I couldnt find anything in there that would seemed to help. To make it worse I have files on there that I REALLY need, would hate to lose it all, but at this point I would be happy with being able to completely re-installing the OS if that was even possible. My next options is to take it to a repair shop here in town, or purchase a new hard drive,just wanted to make sure no one had a fix first. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom