spybot s&d

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobr497

Baseband Member
:angry: Hi peoples I am back.I am running win xp home and everything just seems to be real slow.I downloaded spybot s&d and ran it,and found 51 problems.So I clicked on fix problems and it gets about a third way through on the bar and freezes up.I stopped program and ran again-same thing.I then uninstalled and re downloaded-same thing.HELP:confused: Any suggestions?

Why not try AdAware SE, it's free unlike Spysweeper and does an excellent job. you can download it from the link in my signature. Liz

Thank you, Liz.I have AdAware and it works but doesn't remove everything that has attached itself to my 'puter.I tried Spybot again today and same thing.I have got it down to 14 problems now.I also downloaded the Yahoo toolbar with anti spy, so maybe it will catch some of the crap.That's how I removed some of my problem.Anyway, thanks again for the info,and I'll keep checking back. Bob

Try starting your computer in safe mode as Spybot among others sometimes jams when one of the problems it is trying to fix is running.

Hey thanks *PYRO* I will give that a try.I had about given up on spybot and was getting ready to uninstall, but I'll try the safe mode first. Bob

bobr497 i had a problem like u except my net wouldn't work after deleting spyware off my computer with Spybot S&D. All i did was put the spyware back with the recovery part of Spybot S&D and then deleted it off again it worked fine after that.
Hope that helps if nothing else does.

Thanx 4 the reply DeathKnight.Everything I have tried so far is the same.It detects the problems but when I try to fix them it freezes up.I guess I will have to give up on spybot. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom