spam & more spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

alienthing

Beta member
Hiya All.
I have a major problem & not sure if there is a fast solution to it.
I get over 20,000 spam emails a day (someone must have it in for me.:angry: ).
This means i have to log on to wanadoo (my srevice provider) and clear it everyday at least once a day otherwise it fills up and I won't be able to receive any more emails.
Problem is i can't really change my email address and i get emails from people i don't know which i need to get to.
I am usually near a computer so i just empty my junk mails and sift through a couple of thousand that sneak through.
But I am going away for a few weeks and won't be able to log on to the wanadoo website everyday to empty my folders.
Is there a way to make sure only emails from real people get through?
Thanks for all your help.
Max:)

wohaaa! 20000...u need a new e-mail account, there's no way you can filter all of them. How big is your mailbox?

If I were you i would get a new adress!!!

10MB limit, so fills up quick.
The ISP has a filter, but all that does is stick it in a junk folder which only gets emptied once a week.
I have tried to get ISP to help but they haven't been much use.
I think i'll go with a new email address.
Cheers guys.

Mailbox Filter is also a good, if not great, spam filter. As with any filter, you will have to take time to "teach" it what to let through, and what not to let through. However, you can give out a key to allow someone to get through the filter.

With a 10mg box and 20k+ spams, I'd think your mail box would be full several times a day.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom