Sp0rkeh 0wNs y0u

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started out with that guide but got no where with it (i followed the steps and restarted but it didnt do anything) and that is why I searched and found this other guide.

Ok I have scanned with AVG, Avast, Ad-aware, Ewido, and Trend online scan and removed everything they found.

Still I can not use about 75% of the things in control panel including Display. I have booted into safe mode and still the same problem persists.

The Sp0rkeh.exe creates a file called shellext32.exe in your windows/system32/ folder.

It also creates a service called MS Shell32 Services that calls the shellext32.exe

Last of all it replaces key references in the registry to run every .exe using shellext32.exe

1. Delete Sp0rkeh.exe
2. go to your system32 folder and delete shellext32.exe
3. go to your services panel (in control panel/adminstration) and disable MS shell32 Services.
4. Reboot, your mouse will now work correctly
5. go to your windows folder and find regedit.exe
6. rename regedit.exe to regedit.com, then load it.
7. Search the registry for "shellext32.exe"
8. The first place it finds it is under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Exefile\Shell\Open\Command and the value will be c:\windows\system32\shellext32.exe and some other stuff as well.
9. Replace the entire value with "%1" %*
10. reboot again, your video card etc can now be reset to the proper resolution.

you kidding? I quoted that same thing in my second post. I have gone through that. As far as I can tell the virus is gone, I no longer have my mouse buttons switched, I can run .exe, folders don't turn into "Sporkeh owns you" nothing. Somewhere along the line of following that exact thing you just posted my control panel got locked or broke.

and now from some odd reason when I went to play Warcraft III it hangs up at the launcher screan. I got impatient and hit ctrl+alt+del and then instead of taskmanager poping up the game launched but got hung up again before loading all the way. Again I hit strl+alt+del and again it moved forward instead of taskmanager. This same thinghappened a 3rd time and then the game was loaded completely and now I can play just fine. I Closed the game and relaunched with the same thing happening

no im not kidding. Most people on here dont seem to follow directions the frist time around so if you post it again they get the idea. looks to me like your only option is to repair or use last known good configuration if you have your xp cd

well system restore failed.

guess now I will just have to look for my XP cd or now I might use this as a chance to play around with Linux again. For now though I will just hvae to live with 640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom