Is Soulseek safe to use?

Mike-Bot

Beta member
Hi! This is my first post on this forum but I thought this would be the best place to ask for help on this doubt I have. It's a bit more of a knowledge question than a straight troubleshooting request. So this is the deal: I asked a friend what program I could use to download some files and he recommended me Soulseek. Anyways, another friend of mine insisted me on not using it since (according to him) the program itself installsviruses and spyware/malware on the computer and leaves an "intrusive footprint", also he was very certain that it could leave malicious content on your dropbox (if you have it open on your computer). Is any of this true? Or is my 2nd friend very ill informed? I would appreciate your comments and help on the subject very much. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Sounds like just a generic P2P software...so really it depends on what you download whether or not it's bad.

However...downloading MP3's is illegal in the US because of copyright law, so unfortunately we cannot help you further with this as it's against forum rules (please refer to rule #6 in the rules thread).

Back
Top Bottom