Some suspect programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i searched that on google and ran the memory test.
When i ran it it asked me to run two of them simultaneously, so i did. When i clicked run after a bout 3 seconds it went to a blue screen saying something about a memory dump. I restarted my computer and here I am.

Yes that is what he means, mind you it's pretty cheap these days £20 will get you 2gb.. but before you buy test your system with different sticks to find the faulty one.

But once i get past the logon screen everything is fine. Also this problem only happened after I got a virus. Im pretty sure its not a hardware issue.

Are there any other possibilities?

Run memtest again and if it crashes then you will know there is a memory problem. I run memtest fine on my computer for hours, even days if i wanted.

The memory could be causing you to slow down, though i would think it was something else. Make sure you run ccleaner/cleanup and defrag regularly, really i can't think of anything but your memory is bad so you need to replace 1 or both sticks, try them both by themselfs.

Okay I have tried to run memtest86 but when i try to run i get an error message saying something about a symnatec dll. file.
I am extremely confused!

What is the exact error message?
Does it show the file location or complete file name?
Did you search for that file and try to delete it?

the error message reads

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS\Temp\TEMPOR~1.ZIP\rawrite.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Symnatec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose ‘Close' to terminate the application.

I have seached for the file but apparently it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom