some sites won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekgirl

Solid State Member
Hello Hello,

I am having problems at work that one of the terminals in the office will not load a web site (which happens to be our company's site). It is the only one in the office that will not load and the terminal is on Win 2K.

It was loading with another web site in place, I think it was a my search problem, but I uninstalled that, changed the Advanced options in IE6 to NOT enable third party browser extensions, and downloaded and ran Ad-aware. I deleted the cookies, and changed the home page to another web site, still nothing.

Now... it is loading with the lovely "this page cannot be displayed..." message.

Would the fact that we just changed internet service providers be the reason? Or am I missing something?

Can you browse to other sites? If yes, check your browser security settings... and allow for "less security restrictions".... Did that work?

If no, give us more information, details of what happened before/after the problem.

:)

Fixed

I went back in to the command prompt, and flushed the dns. I had forgotten to do this before, and tada!! It worked!!

Thanks for your help though!!

you didn't use a spybot or equivalent program to get rid of spyware did you, if you did then good luck.

geekgirl said:
Hello Hello,

I am having problems at work that one of the terminals in the office will not load a web site (which happens to be our company's site). It is the only one in the office that will not load and the terminal is on Win 2K.

It was loading with another web site in place, I think it was a my search problem, but I uninstalled that, changed the Advanced options in IE6 to NOT enable third party browser extensions, and downloaded and ran Ad-aware. I deleted the cookies, and changed the home page to another web site, still nothing.

Now... it is loading with the lovely "this page cannot be displayed..." message.

Would the fact that we just changed internet service providers be the reason? Or am I missing something?

Shouldn't you ask the Boss about this ? Tell him,
Boss "I can't do my job now "
:eek:

Re: Re: some sites won't load

stan-the-man said:
Shouldn't you ask the Boss about this ? Tell him,
Boss "I can't do my job now "
:eek:

Actually, now that I cleaned up his computer, took all the crap off of if, (482 spy ware), and fixed the problem (dns problem) he had me clean up everyone elses computer too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom