So someone hacked in my MSN hotmail account

Status
Not open for further replies.

fb132

Solid State Member
Well today I couldnt log in to my MSN account saying someone else went in, so I decided to retry and this time it gave me the error "Password incorrect", the shi* has now took over my MSN and emails.

I just cut off my credit card to make sure he did not use it. Anything else I should do to be sure he didnt do anything else major that would have any huge and bad effect?? I know there were information about my Personal info, but none had my credit card number or social insurance number.

What do I do next, to insure that as$hole has nothing major on me??I wish I could get him into his own trick.

You could attempt to get back the account. Email for change of pw to hotmail.com

If, in fact, you were hacked, the perp will have changed email of record to one that isn't yours.

If this is the case, you can complain to MS hotmail, though it will do no good.

Sometimes, if you work fast enough, you can make the pw change before they get a chance to muck about.

It is too late, I know, and I'm sure you now realize but:
Never fill out correct info on the Personal (About me) page
Never use a simple pw.... Make the pw long with a mix of CAP letters and lower case letters, with numbers thrown in the mess.
eg G29xR80oO3m34 <<< nonsensical jumble.
If your email provider uses the Question/Answer bit for identifier, you could do as I do.... Fathers first name? Spot <<< pet's name.

Now the trick is to remember it all!

Well what i just did is change all my passwords from every important site like ebay and Paypal, I also changed email from those important sites, so far nothing major has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom