So...is anyone DOING anything about hackers,etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWC

Beta member
Ok, this is one of those fundamental questions-perhaps one only a newbie could ask!;)

Is anyone-governments,police,etc actually doing anything at all about all the computer security problems we have these days?
The way i see things written it seems that it may be absolutally impossible to track down malicious hackers?

*I was allways led to believe that everything interconnection on the internet simply couldn't happen if the data didn't have a valid 'from' address? *
Is this just not true?

Is this whole virus,spam,trojan,worm,dialers thing utterly impossible to anything about? Ever?

And on a related note (hopefully this doesn't break any forum rules) -has anyone ever heard about anyone actually tracking down a malicious hacker and dealing some 'natural';) justice?:) :) :)

I hear your outrage, unfortunatly there needs to be more legislation on the issue of internet and security. Yes there are mesures in place to deal with the isues you describe. As to your last point, I imagine it happens all the time, legally though, you take a risk enacting retrobution. The following address is an imformative site in reguards to security issues,

http://www.securitynewsportal.com/index.shtml

So is it true that someone can log on and and do bad stuff anonymously ?
Is there realy no way to track down a hacker if they choose not to be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom