Small question about virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noliniel

Solid State Member
Hey, I am just curious a bit about those virus that are out there. My computer crashed about 2 months ago due to some virus in my computer that damaged both my hard drive and memory card. ( least what the computer guy said ) I had to buy a new memory card and a new hard drive to finally get working.

So I am just wondering if it is true that virus can damage your hardware ? Or did I got fooled by that computer guy? Also is it true that you can get virus from visiting random websites and there is no way to prevent it?

Thanks for reviewing my post . :)

Not knowing how much knowledge the "computer guy" has, I wouldn't say that he has fooled you. If he's working for a place as a salesman of computers, he may not know a lot about the damage done to your system. I'm not taking up for him, but he might not be doing anything to fool you and take advantage of you, but only doing what he has been told is right.

Now, if it were one of the computer techies here, then I might think you'd been purposely taken. :p

I'd suggest talking with them and someone that really knows about your hard drive. I don't know why they didn't remove everything from the hard drive and format it to restore it back to working condition. Maybe they don't know?

Do you have the hard drive and memory?

Dave :D

Noliniel said:
Hey, I am just curious a bit about those virus that are out there. My computer crashed about 2 months ago due to some virus in my computer that damaged both my hard drive and memory card. ( least what the computer guy said ) I had to buy a new memory card and a new hard drive to finally get working.

So I am just wondering if it is true that virus can damage your hardware ? Or did I got fooled by that computer guy? Also is it true that you can get virus from visiting random websites and there is no way to prevent it?

Thanks for reviewing my post . :)

The only thing I have ever heard about a vitus damaging something is when certain virus's back in the day would corrupt your motherboards bios. This has since been fixed on new motherboards with virus/write protect. So im inclined to think he took your money and ran..

I hate to say it but i think you got owned. I would call him up and tell him to give you your stuff back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom