slow pc and webpages dont open

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
my moms laptop having some issues
she lives across the country so I cant really go and see whats goin on.
last time she was here I installed MSE and deleted other antivirus software

she went home and about a week later said her webpages just stopped working one by one.
eventually she couldn't open almost any webpages

she asked someone to check It he installed firefox and not sure what else he did

but the problem still there.

it was running a bit slow when I had it but I ran the antivirus and malicious soft removal tool and looked around for malware manually but didn't see anything suspicious

not sure what else can it be

Does it have any internet connectivity at all?

Can it ping sites? It may have a proxy on it under Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings

If she's on Win7, then you can remote in. Have click Start -> type in "Windows Remote Assistance" -> choose the "Invite someone you trust to help you"

You do the same thing on your machine, except pick the "Help someone" option.

I just plug the computer in to the lead that comes from a black box in the lounge and go on the internet I go im not sure what would cause a slow computer as I get my o h to sort out any problems hes just so good with computers

Last edited:
mm looon the internet mm not sure what mm you mean there corvus corax slow computer is pain mm whats o h mm your boyfriend mm what does he do mm my mate is good with computers mm might get him to look at mm laptop mm

sorry about the spelling shadows im still a little sleepy my o h is my boyfriend and hes an electrician by trade also does a lot with cctv

Back
Top Bottom