slow internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
o.k so i thought my pc was fixed and free of spyware, i cant find anything via warez monsters guide but ever since running the guide my computer has beed d/l at max 33kb/s this is by "standard" more like 120kb/s!

i used my lappy on wireless going throught the same router and its the same?!

could this be something maybe using my connection restricing me? isit there end? thers nothing on there webby and they have sent me no emails (AOL, crap i know)

any suggestions, very annoying and i am considering a complete reboot but rather wouldnt!

If both your desktop and laptop are getting the same slow speeds, then it's either your modem, router or your isp that is having the problem.

Power cycle your modem and router to see if that fixes the problem.

well, if more an more people are getting internet using the same type of connection you have, then it will get slower and slower as the demand goes up. I used to get somewhere around 3mbps, but now i only get 1.2ish because so many people have gotten high speed in my neighborhood.

If you have dsl, the speed shouldn't change with the amount of people. But if you have cable than the speed is determined by the amount of users too.

i have ADSL and i have never had speed problems before, ive had it for about 16 months now?!

i powered down and re powered but still no change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom