Shockwave and flash players aren't loading... Driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhloxly11

Beta member
I have no idea how, but both my macromedia flash and shockwave players were deleted. As a result I can no longer play many online games. Thinking it would be simple, i went to downloads.com and downloaded the latest players, and then continued to install them. Both installed without a hitch and then told me that they were installed successfully however when they brought me to the macromedia website, the graphic at the top of the page wasnt playing. So i was told everything was working, but lacking the graphic that plays when the player has been installed proved otherwise. Ive tried everything and its driving me insane! Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, rh

Rather than deleting them, have you tried uninstalling them and then downloading and installing again? If not, you may want to try that first.

Dave :D

no luck with the uninstall method. The screen at the end of the installation tells me that ive successfully downloaded the player but when it takes me to where the animation should play all i see is a little picture of a cirlce, square, and a triangle in the upper left hand corner. :confused:
thanks,
rh

You have also tried to play something and it didn't work?

Are you getting an error message?

How about giving some more information, like what OS your using, browser, etc..

There's been several people having problems installing and playing with Windows XP and Macromedia should have some specialized instructions for that OS. If you have XP, you should download and install the program from Macromedia's site here.

Did that help?

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom