secure web browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone spent as much time on IE as the do with FF and all those stupid *** extensions they might learn something. Almost everyone seemed to just jump on the band wagon as soon as FF came out all because of what their website said and a few security analysts. Ofcouse their aint no viruses or spyware for it when it first came out, it a new browser!! Then everyone is like ohh my, this is more "secure", I'm gonna switch yada yada yada. Why didnt everyone start using Opera when it came out?? Its because they didnt have the publicity that FF got, Im not sure why. Just think if it was turned upside down, lets say FF was where IE is now. Everyone would be switching from FF to IE and the same thing with Opera. All FF is, is a temporary solution to IE. Once FF becomes more widely used, there will be an almost equal balance of issues between FF and IE and you can take that to the bank.

Im surprised not everyone is switching from a pc to a mac or xp tp linux sinxe xp is so unsecure...............

Ya know, your probably right. And yes, a lot of corporations do use IE. I can't tell you if it's in the liscense agreement or just because it's included with the OS, but it is still used. Me, I love firefox. Yes, I have noticed a lot less adware and what not, and yes, I do still get infected. Nothing is perfect. If you want to keep your system from getting a virus, don't connect to the net, don't use any discs, just don't even own a computer. For me, it's the features. I love tabbed browsing, I love the integrated search field. I love the add-ons and extensions. I love the themes. IE 7 does have all that, and probably more. That said, I really use FF for one basic reason......

it's Open source, free, and I hate MS.

Warez Monster said:
It's on everyone machine and since spyware infects IE, theres no way around getting infected.

You can install a bunch of anti-spyware tools, and run a scan every day. Or simply use a different browser.

Originally posted by Warez Monster
If users can learn not to download items, screensavers, etc, you know what Im talking about, warez sites, etc.
Running away from something wont help people learn how to fix items.

You either never used IE or only use it for a couple of sites and never visit something new.

Or, you have tons of anti-spyware tools running in the background, eating your CPU & mem. And I am sure you run a scan every day or so.
We (Opera & Firefox users) don't need that. Saves me at least an hour of time per week, plus my browser is faster than IE; saves even more time. All I have installed on my system is Avast.

Originally posted by Warez Monster
Running away from something wont help people learn how to fix items.

Why learn how to fix problems if you can avoid them? Saves time, especially for people with little knowledge about computers.

I used to use IE with Window Washer, Spy Sweeper and some other tools running in the background, so I know what I am talking about.

If your system gets infected badly, you will regret using IE, cause it will take hours to fix it and in some cases you even have to re-install your system (if you have a really bad virus).

Never had any adware/spyware with either Opera /IE/ FF and have never used programs such as Ad Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spy Catcher Express, Window Washer, Spy Sweeper, SpywareGuard ect.
It doesn't take much to stay clean if you have a brain and a small amount of knowledge about PC's.

TheMajor said:
I used to use IE with Window Washer, Spy Sweeper and some other tools running in the background, so I know what I am talking about.

If your system gets infected badly, you will regret using IE, cause it will take hours to fix it and in some cases you even have to re-install your system (if you have a really bad virus).

I will write a lengthy reply tonight to this with screeshots...this will be a good one.

Here's the low-down from a Windows-hating, Microshaft-hating, Firefox crackhead who can't get enough of the tabbed browsing. (ME! :p)

Warez Monster does have a point, I.E. is on everyones computer, 75% if not more people use it, and since you can get infected by using I.E., there is no way around it. Since theres no way around it, Microsoft is forced to fix it. BUT it's a matter of how fast they fix it. Did your computer get totally farked over? Did you lose all your data and have to reformat? Sure, MS might fix it a day after that virus of yours ate up all your files and overclocked your videocard to the point where it overheated :)p, dramatization) but that doesn't bring the files that you lost back. That doesn't change the fact that you had to go through all that hassle of reinstalling, backing up data, running virus scan software, etc.

I used I.E. at work, I used it for about a week, I got a virus and some spyware/adware. Thanks to Warez Monsters 4 Step Spyware Removal Guide I was able to save myself the hassle of reinstalling, as well as saving over $40,000 worth of AutoCAD drawings (Thanks, by the way. :classic: ). Since then, I have been using Firefox, going to the same websites I had visited before, and have yet to come across another problem.

So that concludes the story of my personal experience with Internet Exploder's security problems. Luckily, I don't have to use Windows at home, so I am not exposed to this kind of stuff every day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom